Eating, Drinking, & Linking!

Thought I hit schedule, but I guess I didn't. Sorry to delay this week's edition of Eating, Drinking, & Linking!

This week, I'm sharing one of our favorite side dishes from the grill. Next week, I'll share some of my favorite eats from our trip to the TPT conference in Vegas. I can't wait to be there, and meet everyone. So if you're at the conference too, come say hi!

Grilled Potatoes

 I love buying onions and green peppers on sale, cutting dicing, and freezing them. They keep well, for as much as I cook with them. Just be sure, they thaw before throwing into a hot skillet. For this, if they aren't thawed, it'll be okay.

 I used, a couple of table spoons melted butter. Then green peppers, onions, season salt and lemon pepper to taste.

 Cut up potatoes.

 Add in everything else, and toss to coat.

 Get foil ready. I like to fold across both ways, to make sure nothing leaks out.


Once wrapped, grill for about 30-40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when tested with a fork.

 Thanks to my lovely hand model and hubs for  the action shots...



We really like cheesy potatoes. However, if the cheese is put on pre-grilling, it's a pain to get out of the foil.  So we add cheese when they first come off the grill.


Just before it got melty... but still tasty!





2 comments

  1. Those look YUM...minus the green peppers. I never even thought about freezing onion. I will have to remember this. Cheese makes everything delicious...or at least I think so. I can't wait to see all your meals from Vegas! Have so much fun!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing. This is my favorite way to eat potatoes in the summer time! When I am in a rush, I pre-bake them a bit in the microwave before I cut them up. Then they don't have to stay on the grill as long.

    Enjoy your trip!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!