Oh, Spring Break!

Why is it that spring break flies by 100x's faster than the weeks leading up to it? Oh well, it was a week that was severely needed and I enjoyed recharging over the week to finish up the school year strong.

While many of my students were headed off to go skying, going to Branson, and even a few venturing off to warmer climates. I, on the other hand, had a "staycation" the majority of which was suppose to be devoted to my masters portfolio (hopefully giving that away in June in exchange for a degree), however, there were a few other things on my list that I wanted to do too, and working on the portfolio may not have received as much attention as it deserved.
 
My husband and I had an evening of firsts at Diamaru it's a Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi bar. The company my husband works for was having a send off for one of the employees and spouses were invited. It was so much fun! The chefs prepared the food right in front of us with plenty of jokes and tricks as they prepped the meal. The entertainment factor was worth this experience alone. The sushi though, was a first for me, and I'm not sure I'll adventure to try it again. I'm already planning on asking a group of friends to head over for supper some night for a fun change up.




The next day, the hubby and I helped out a church camp outside of town. Too much hard work to take any pictures. It was a fun few hours getting to know some of the people at the new church we are attending better.

In the evening we headed to the Pheasants Forever shindig. Catered meal and auction to gain funds for children's programming and wildlife habitats/management. As the daughter of a game warden I'm a huge supporter of groups that respect the natural resources that we have. Several of my students and their families were there and it was fun to see them without it being at a conference. 


Over a good part of the week, my dad was able to stay with us and commute to a nearby town to train other game wardens. It was great to have him over, as the two of us are really close. Although he had a free bed and much better meals than the guys that opted to stay at the barracks (he might have rubbed in the night we had 1 in. thick porch chops to the guys), he may not come back: we put his handyman skills to work. He helped us switch out the 70's light switches, hook up our doorbell, and helped to get our automatic garage door working again. We sure enjoyed having him over and all the hard work he gave throughout the evenings.


Favorite guys gearing up for some work around the house :)
Before & After... sorry for the poor lighting in the second picture!

One great part of break, is having more time to hang out with our pup Remi. She is a natural retriever, she wants nothing more than to go after and bring back anything you throw. She is relentless. Her drive is something else, she goes and goes and goes and never wants to stop. We played for over an hour and she wouldn't get a drink until I put the stick over her bowl. Silly dog, but we love her!



 


Everything else... a hodge podge of the rest of my break:  

Off brand shoes.. but I can finally be cool like my kiddos, much cheaper too! KSU sunglasses for the win :)
Representing my favorite Wildcats. Lost to the better team last night, but for a team that wasn't suppose to make the tourney, I couldn't have been happier!

I did do some work on the portfolio. A look at the majority of my undergrad work. Can't wait to be done!

Spring break was fabulous, but the school days are rapidly approaching. To help others like myself with a little planning for the rest of the school year here are a few things you need to know! 

http://ideasbyjivey.blogspot.com/2014/03/poetry-and-figurative-language-ideas.html

A poetry bundle from some of my blogging buddies. It's full of great products for a great price. I can't wait to use these resources!

My friend Diane, from Fifth in the Middle, is having a birthday TODAY! (Be sure to wish her a happy birthday!) Also, check out her facebook, she has a special celebration for followers!

Last, but not least. Spring has been in the air here and inspired a new paper pack. With all of the fun times this break, I'm having a mini sale. $1 deals on some of my newest products this weekend only!

www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Christy-Whitehair



Hope that you have a wonderful weekend!


4 comments

  1. I LOVE sushi!!! I could eat it every day. Of course, I love the rolls with a ton of stuff in them that are pretty expensive... And your pup is so cute! That tongue cracked me up :) And thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never forget the first time I put sushi in my mouth with RAW fish...I couldn't chew it...it just sat in my mouth. It was so gross to me. Now I will eat sushi with crab and cooked shrimp or meat, but that's it...no raw stuff. I actually just had sushi tonight...spicy crab roll and a peanut/avocado roll. We have a Japanese Steakhouse right down the road from my house. I enjoy going there. Glad you got to spend some time with your dad and that he did handyman work for you. My dad's idea of helping is to find someone in the phone book to do the work instead. Lol!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a Japanese Steakhouse close to us, and it is the favorite birthday dinner place for my daughter. This year we ordered sushi with our meal. My son was so grossed out. My daughter has had cooked sushi but nothing raw. As fun as it was I think we will stick to the cooked version like Alison!
    I'm glad your week was productive. I wish our weather would turn so we can get outside!
    Have a great week!
    Michele

    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your break was great! Remi is adorable... my favorite kind of dog! Well, one of my favorites. I'll pass on the sushi!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!