Therapeutic Thursday

I'm loving this week-long linky party. It's great to take a peek at everyone's rooms and to get a glimpse at each of you! Today's topic is therapeutic Thursday... I've been debating on what to talk about so this will be a hodge-podge of things.


Midday therapy: my secret chocolate stash. {Not super secret, I've let my fellow teachers and paras know where it's at if their having one of those days.} Dove chocolate and Andes mints are personal favorites... but I'm saving those for state testing time... my stash is filled with items that aren't quite as expensive, but still tasty.


Therapeutic goal: In high school I was super active, college not so much, now even less. With a new gym membership I'm hoping to get back into the groove. Once on an exercise routine, I do find it therapeutic. Going for a walk with my pup and husband works great too!

{I want this shirt! If you do too, you can purchase it here}

Probably a better goal than trying out every last one of the desserts I have pinned on Pinterest, but they all just look so darn good!

Therapeutic classroom: This is the classroom of one of the gals I coteach with. I love the calming effect her room has. She always has a welcoming sent throughout the room, coming from her Scentsy pot. Several times throughout the day, she has soft music playing in the background. She has even turned off the lights from time to time, just to let the natural light and lamps light the room. My favorite spot in the room is her reading area. A little fountain is always running---it's such a calming element to the room.
{I apologize for not having pictures to show of her room... I'll update this post again soon. I forgot about taking pictures and today was just one of those days and I refuse to go back to school until tomorrow.}

Here's my hodge-podge of therapeutic ideas {therapeutic shopping and girls nights occur too} just thought I'd share about these. I cannot wait to read all of the posts on today's topic. To see more or share some of your therapeutic ideas, hop over here.  I'm sure I'm going to need to implement some of these therapeutic strategies throughout the year!

-Mrs. Whitehair

1 comment

  1. OH my! I need that shirt! I absolutely adore it :) I also agree with the chocolate... Love me some Snickers, Kit-Kats, and peanut butter M&Ms!
    Holly
    P.S. I am your newest follower!
    Learning Adventures with Mrs. Gerlach

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!